Friday, August 26, 2005

Once Upon a Time . . .

I was smart. Really. I had actually activity going on in the grey matter between my ears.

Now not so much. By way of example:

Yesterday, I saw a post on austinist.com that referred to the definition of nonplussed. Every time I tried to follow the embedded link to the definition, my computer would freeze and I'd have to Ctrl-Alt-Del myself out of it. And every time, I would go right back to the site and try again. I did this multiple times yesterday. I did it again this morning. Until it finally dawned on me that the link led to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary. And I have the print version of the dictionary sitting on my desk at a relaxed arm's length.

I have no hope of getting into grad school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home