Friday, June 03, 2005

Weekend Plans

I’m really wishing that I had another three-day weekend, because I’m on this creative kick and I have more things that I want to do this weekend than I can possibly fit in. Or afford, for that matter, so . . .

Friday Night
The usual. I’m loving my yoga class with Naomi. She totally kicks my butt, yet in a really peaceful way.

Saturday
* Outdoor fun with Rowen. I’m not sure if that will be at the dog park or if we will venture further out, possibly to McKinney Falls or Pedernales Falls. I’d kind of like to do some photography, but Rowen will have more friends to play with and free-roaming privileges if we go to the dog park.
* Trip to Kinkos to get the pieces of a journal covered and spiral-bound.
* Hunting for more craft supplies, including a frame for the cross-stitch that I finished this week and stuff for making journals (my latest fad).
* Working on any of my various projects, which now include my novel, two op-eds that I’m submitting (fingers crossed), several knitting projects, cross-stitching, the embroidery kit that I picked up last weekend, and journal making.
* Reading. I’m not sure what. I’m feeling drawn in more directions than usual right now and nothing is entirely enthralling me.

Sunday
* Swimming and church OR an outing with Rowen. As I’m writing this, I’m thinking about doing the dog park on Saturday and one of the Falls on Sunday morning.
* Grocery store.
* More arts and crafts/writing.
* Swim for the Reef fundraising concert, which includes Austin’s best band ever---the Greezy Wheels! I just hope that they play the song about Father Bob and the monkey. I like that song.

Also, either this weekend or next week, I’m going to start a massive clean out of my clothing and may also attack some of my other closets. I’m feeling the need to rid myself of clutter. I get this urge about twice a year when I’m just feeling completely overwhelmed by everything and I cope by dumping huge amounts of stuff into trash bags to start over with a clean slate and swear to a life of simplicity. And then I start collecting junk all over again. Mayanga.*

*My God (in Chichewa)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home