Monday, October 19, 2009

October Madness

And it continues . . .

In the next 24 hours, I need to . . .
* Coordinate test accommodations for the midterm for students with learning conditions. This task would be a lot easier if my fellow TAs would answer any of my numerous e-mails asking how many students they have that need accommodations and what accommodations they need so I know how many rooms to reserve.
* Attend the class-wide review session for the class that I'm TAing.
* Field frantic e-mails from students who have questions about the midterm.
* Do laundry. I'm just about out of the essentials.
* Return a pile of overdue, unread library books.

In the next week, I need to . . .
* Read the assigned book for my African health class so I can maybe make an intelligent comment or two in discussion.
* Read a second book for the same class.
* Write a review of the second book.
* Grade midterms.
* Submit grades for freshmen and athletes.
* Attend one or more meetings about online store fronts and e-hosting.
* Catch up on the growing pile of mail for my second job.
* Write a first draft of two proposals.

By the end of the month, I need to . . .
* Finish two grant proposals and have a draft completed for a third.
* Wade through the new pile of literature I've begun to gather now that I think I may have a theory (some sort of mish-mash of complicating the encounter model, subjectivities, hegemony, and serious games).
* Lay out and send to the printer the journal that just---finally---arrived in my e-mail.
* Disentangle the database that holds the orders for the above journal.
* Make at least a significant dent in the pile of library books on my office floor.
* Figure out a topic for my archives administration paper.

Plus anything I left off from last week's list, my regular TA duties, my second job, my regular course work, . . .

This week, at the grocery store, I stocked up on frozen pizzas, heat-and-serve curries, pasta, soup, and other minimal-prep foods. I'm not even pretending that I'll cook anything until November.

3 Comments:

At 7:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Theory!! Exciting, I knew you had one. Haven't read your email yet b/c writing the draft of the exam for our class. But I will :) And the concert was fun

 
At 10:09 AM , Blogger artemisia said...

Oh, honey. Is there anything you can say "no" to? If not, take it one page at a time.

Thinking of you!

 
At 2:15 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Unfortunately, no, I can't say no.

And it keeps getting worse. I forgot to include that I have to read the book for my TA class for next week. And it now appears that I'm going to be the only TA at the review session tonight.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home