Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Interview Meme

Bearette sent me the following questions as part of an interview meme. If you want to do this, leave your e-mail in the comments section (or send me an e-mail) and I'll send you some questions.

1. What is your dream job?

Kept woman. Seriously. I wouldn't be one of those sit-by-the-pool-and-drink-martinis kept women, though. Mostly because I don't like martinis. I'd be the Angelina Jolie of kept women---volunteering my time for causes I feel passionate about, traveling, writing, having Brad Pitt's babies. Okay, maybe not that last part. 'Cause I don't really like kids.

But I'm more likely to remain an unkept woman, so . . . my dream job would be anthropology. I get to travel, write, dig deeply into things I'm passionate about, constantly learn new things, and maybe contribute to making the world a better place.

2. Favorite memory?

Yikes. This is a difficult question---in a good way. I have so many fantastic memories, especially from the past ten years---places I've traveled, people I've met, things I've done, time with Rowen. Picking a favorite is impossible! Ones that are high on the list:

* Sailing in the Whitsunday Islands off the coast of Australia
* Quiet snuggles with Rowen or watching her bound through the wildflowers at the dog park
* My students in Malawi
* Sundays in Rome, when I would walk halfway across the city from church back to the villa where I was staying, stopping at one of the piazzas along the way to have a glass of wine or a soda while I people-watched

My favorite memory from childhood was a summer vacation at Pipestem Park in West Virginia. We rented a cabin, and I remember going horseback riding and swimming and playing board games at night with my family.

3. Something you would change about yourself if you could.

Just one thing? Because, really? The list is long. But if I had to pick one thing---I wish I were less fearful, more confident.

4. If you had to pick a continent to live on for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

Again, just one? Perhaps I should change my answer to #3 to being able to commit! But I would probably choose Europe. I'd have lots of options for moving around different countries, and it's more centrally located, so traveling to other continents is easier.

5. Favorite recipe?

1-800-Dominos.

I kid! I don't call Dominos. I order online.

I'm not sure if this is my favorite recipe, but my go-to recipe for most occassions is Oatmeal Cookies:

1.5 sticks of butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup bread flour
1.25 cups all-purpose baking flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup oatmeal
Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.

Blend butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla.

Sift together flours, baking powder, and salt. Add to wet mix.

Add oatmeal, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

Drop spoonfuls onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees (180 in Celsius).

Variations:
* Add 2-3 heaping spoonfuls of peanut butter (may need to add flour for consistency)
* Add chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or other chips (or mix-and-match)
* Add 2-3 tbs of roasted seasame seeds and 1 cup of honey (may need to add flour for consistency)

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

I am so glad you did this, b/c I want to make those cookies ;)

I would want to be less fearful and more confident, too.

And I like the idea of a socially conscious kept woman :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home