Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

1. Spring Break! Yay!

2. Although, I'm not sure about the "break" part: I have two papers to write, two symposiums to plan, and an apartment to move. Not to mention my regular classwork.

3. But it is definitely spring! Mid-50s. Rainy, but I don't mind.

4. And I am getting a little bit of a break. I'm heading off to Baraboo, WI, and Devil's Lake State Park for the weekend. Rowen and I are going to sleep in, go hiking, watch television, and go to bed early without having to worry about a noisy neighbor and her psycho boyfriend.

5. I bought two sewing books: Sew What! Skirts and Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing.

6. I still haven't committed to buying a sewing machine, though.

7. Because exactly what I need is another hobby that I don't have time for.

8. I've decided to go to language school for the summer. IF I can rent this apartment and IF I get accepted to the language institute. I probably won't have to rent out the condo for the summer; between the deposit I'll get back from this place and my freelance work, I should have enough to cover the mortgage for two months.

9. I almost spelled "accepted" as "excepted." Perhaps I should be going to an English language institute this summer!

10. I had my walk through on the condo today. I still love the place!

11. Six days until closing! And I know that I said that same thing two days ago, but the closing got pushed back because of a delay with the mortgage.

12. Whatever will I blog about when I don't have a noisy neighbor with a psycho boyfriend?!

13. I got the first issue of the new Buffy comic. It arrived a week ago, and I've been too busy to even open it. And, yes, I know I'm a geek.

2 Comments:

At 8:24 AM , Blogger artemisia said...

You are a geek, but so am I! I am so glad we've fallen back into touch.

Congrats on your decision; I am happy to hear that it sounds like a very satisfying one.

P.S. - Go Cowgirls!!!!

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger thethinker said...

I'm jealous. My spring break was a few weeks ago.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home