Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

I'm alive. Really. Barely. Just enough to put up a Thursday Thirteen.

1. In almost ten years of having a cell phone, I have never gone over my plan minutes, and I generally have one of the smallest plans. Until the past couple of months. Earlier this week, I got a message from my wireless provider. I thought they were just calling to tell me that I was 60 days behind on my bill (I'm terrible about that sort of thing!). No, they were calling to tell me that I was approaching my limit. Silly me, I thought they meant my minutes limit. No, they meant my credit limit. I apparently went waaaay over my plan minutes for the past couple of months and now owe more than $500. Yikes! I know that a lot of it is from the many, many phone calls to my parents while figuring out stuff for the condo. And it's over a couple of months. But still. Gulp. Yikes.

2. On the good news front, I finally found someone to sublet my old apartment.

3. Which means that I get to go to language school this summer to study Swahili.

4. And fortunately, I'm putting in lots and lots of hours on another symposium and being well compensated for it.

5. I finally bought a sewing machine. Of course, it may have to go back now that I have a $500 cell phone bill.

6. Just once I'd like to get to the end of the month without worrying about whether I'm going to overdraw on my account (nevermind actually being able to put money into savings).

7. On a lighter note: Random Inanity has some hilarious photos of a bunny in the Italian mountains. Saying any more than that would just ruin the surprise for you. But every time I think about the last photo, I start to giggle. I am twisted.

8. Two weeks of classes left. Which should be a good thing. Except . . .

9. Two weeks left to write three papers, totalling 60 pages.

10. But I took my last exam this morning.

11. May begins next week. But I'm still wearing my heavy wool sweaters. So very wrong.

12. I am officially in awe of Bearette's knitting prowess. Seriously. She started knitting, what?, like two months ago. And she's already finished more projects than I have in five years. And she's opening an Etsy store. I've been working on the same damn scarf for seven months. A scarf, people! Anyway, go buy one of Bearette's adorable change purses.

13. I am the worst doggy mom. Ever. I know this because, and I am not making this up, this morning I asked Rowen if she felt neglected. And she nodded her head. Really.

Have a great weekend ya'll!

2 Comments:

At 3:44 PM , Blogger artemisia said...

Hang in there, Lisa!

How about this - let's contact each other daily (or every other day, oh I am so noncommittal!) and share how many pages we've written...as unfortunately, 60 is the number of pages of my thesis I reeeeeeaaaalllly need to write in the next two weeks, as well!

Seriously - I've always wanted to be a cheerleader, and this is just nerdy enough to be the perfect opportunity. And I'd love to think I am supporting you from Wyoming!

 
At 7:28 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

Aw...thanks!

Rowen probably thought you were asking her if she wanted a snack :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home