Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Tuesday Twelve

1. So you remember when I felt like an ingrateful snob a couple weeks ago? And you know how when you are talking about someone in not the nicest way, you always worry that they are going to suddenly appear right behind you? A classmate and I were griping about another classmate, who suddenly appeared right next to us. Yikes! Now I just feel like a bitch. I'm not sure how much of the conversation he heard, but I'm feeling awful about it. He's not a bad guy, just a little verbose and socially unaware sometimes. Gah!

2. Although I did resist the urge to attack someone with my knitting needles today. Not the same person.

3. I, however, did not resist the urge to publicly reprimand that person.

4. So it's probably my karma coming back to me that I had bad Chinese food for dinner.

5. I've been reading The Friday Night Knitting Club. I'm having a hard time getting into it, perhaps because I'm only able to read a bit here and there, and with so many characters and story lines, I'm getting a little lost.

6. Also, I completely overidentify with the character Darwin.

7. I, however, did tear through the first volume of Alias (not related to the television show). The fact that it is a collection of comic books probably helped with the speed.

8. In looking up the links for those two books, I found at least a half dozen other books that I want to read. Top of the list: Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult.

9. In the past month, three people whom I knew in DC and haven't heard from in a while have gotten in touch with me. One of them I hadn't spoken to in nearly 8 years.

10. 31 days from tomorrow is Moving Day!

11. Three weeks until Spring Break. Thank goodness. Not that it will be much of a break considering that I'll be spending it writing a paper, preparing for two symposiums, catching up on school reading, and moving to my condo.

12. Ten weeks until the end of the term! Not that I don't still love grad school, but I just never seem to be able to take a breath. I've been in survival mode since the first week of the term. I'm looking forward to when I'm done with the "requirements" and can enjoy doing my own research. If I ever figure out what the research will be.

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

Hee. Darwin was an amusing character. I related to (gulp) Cat at certain points. Georgia is a little too irritatingly perfect.

 
At 5:56 AM , Blogger Scott said...

That feeling of having someone that you were talking about appear over your shoulder is the worst.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home