Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Grrrrr

I have been in such a foul mood the past week.

And I know much of it has to do with me being a judgmental, perfectionist control freak with a keen eye for the errors of others and a conviction that everyone should meet my impossibly high standards.

I know I should take a deep breath and let it go. I know it is all stuff I can't control---other people's choices and values and actions. And those choices and values are different than my own. I keep trying to remind myself that they aren't necessarily worse, but just different.

But knowing I should let it go and actually being able to let go are two very different things.

I'm an INTJ, through and through. I like rules, order, and action. And lately I've had to deal with a lot of people who prefer exceptions, disorder, and talk. Things for which I have very little patience.

So I'm beyond cranky. I'm just plain ol' bitchy this week. And did I mention that I'm borderline obsessive? So I'm dwelling on all this, which is making it hard to concentrate on the work I have to get done. Which is putting me in an even worse mood, because I'm falling further and further behind by spending all my time obsessing and complaining about how irresponsible and annoying other people are.

Again. I should let it go. Easy to say. Not so easy to do.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM , Blogger Elsa said...

I am an INTJ, too, but on the "low" side - not a strong INTJ (my percentages were low) - but an INTJ none the less. Sometimes I can't even meet my own standards ;)

I hope things get better for you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home