Monday, January 02, 2006

What are YOU so happy about?

What's so friggin happy about the new year?

I am Cranky with a capital "C" today because my office is the ONLY PLACE ON EARTH at work today. And my body is clock is completely mucked up from staying up until 2.30 a.m. on New Year's Eve and then not getting up until nearly 11 a.m. (except for an 8 a.m. potty trip for Rowen, but I'm not entirely sure I was awake for that). And it is a positively gorgeous day outside---sunny, 78 degrees, light breeze---and I'm the ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD who can't enjoy it (well, me and the other 90 or so people who work here).

I wanna go home. And clean. Because I had a dream last night that my apartment had been broken into and when the crime scene investigators came, they thought that the place had been ransacked, but it was just that I'm a terrible housekeeper and I was so ashamed of my apartment and my life as I tried to explain why I have completely mismatched furniture and no chairs and clothes piled all over the laundry room and bedroom. And I should probably not watch four episodes of CSI in a row, especially not before bed.

2006 is not off to a good start.

7 Comments:

At 10:49 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

Oh...poor L. I had a dream last night that I was trying to get to Murfreesboro. I think that's one of the places Scarlett and Rhett passed after they were trying to get away from the fire.

 
At 11:10 AM , Blogger Diane Arias said...

Boy oh boy... just get through it, honey. :)

 
At 11:44 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Even the gossip sites have the day off!

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger Frema said...

All My Children wasn't on so that ABC could air the Rose Parade. Bor-ring!

 
At 6:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was mooning about having to go back to work tomorrow. And I've had a week and a half off! Is it better to have more vacation, or less? Which is easier to forget when it comes time to put the suit back on?

(I had to think for a minute when I set my alarm tonight. I couldn't remember exactly how to do it. Sad, no?)

;-)

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

My high school band was in the Rose Parade. My mom saw them on TV ;)

 
At 6:16 AM , Blogger SK said...

I was at work too... I feel your pain. Especially since I really wanted to be out apartment hunting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home