Thursday, December 22, 2005

A Christmas Meme

From Bdogg

Hot Chocolate or apple cider?
Hot Chocolate

Turkey or Ham?
If I still ate meat, I’d go with ham.

Do you get a Fake or Real you cut it yourself Christmas tree?
Neither. Either one would be a hazard with my curious pup.

Decorations on the outside of your house?
Just one strand of lights on the balcony. Kind of lame, but I just wasn’t in the holiday spirit.

Snowball fights or sledding?
Snow tubing.

Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
Not so much.

Favorite Christmas song?
"Carol of the Bells" or “Halleluiah Chorus.” Although I love just about any of the traditional hymns if sung well.

How do you feel about Christmas movies?
Pass on them.

When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
Anytime before December 11. Two weeks of it is plenty. Decorations should not go up before then, either.

Stockings before or after presents?
We open presents on Christmas Eve, and then have stockings on Christmas Day.

Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
If I saw them, I’d watch and listen.

Go to someone else’s house or they come to you?
Go to my parents’ house. Which is a blessing and a curse.

Do you read the Christmas Story?
Not that I remember. But my sister used to read “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas” to me.

What do you do after presents and dinner?
Exchange receipts.

What is your favorite holiday smell?
Cinnamon and Nutmeg

Ice skating or walking around the mall?
Neither, although I’m open to ice skating if a handsome man wants to hold my hand.

Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
See above. I also get to open a couple things even earlier because my parents ship some of my gifts to me (so I won’t have to cart as much back on the plane).

Favorite Christmas memory?
Hmmm. As I’ve said in previous posts, Christmas isn’t my favorite holiday, so I don’t have a lot of happy Christmas memories. I have pictures that I treasure from one of the last Christmas’s that both my grandmother and my childhood dog were alive. In one, my grandmother is clutching a statue of St. Anthony---her favorite saint. I also remember my Christmas in Malawi, which was completely absent all the hoopla of an American Christmas. One of the other volunteers dressed up like Santa and gave out silly gifts that he had found around the school.

Favorite part about winter?
Again, having a hard time coming up with something because it’s my least favorite season. Probably just snuggling under the blanket on a snow day with a cup of tea and a good book or a movie. Or, back when I was running more seriously, coming back from a long run on a cold, damp morning, changing into dry clothes, wrapping myself in a couple blankets, and taking a nap on the couch.

Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
Nope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home