Thursday, January 19, 2006

A Meme of Four

From Bearette and Bdogg.

Four Jobs I’ve Had in My Life:
1. Snowball server
2. Grocery store cashier
3. Trading post manager at a Boy Scout camp
4. Editor

Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over, and Have:
1. Bring It On
2. Sleepless in Seattle
3. Summer Catch
4. Wedding Singer

Four Places I Have Lived:
1. Austin, TX
2. Alexandria, VA
3. Balaka, Malawi
4. Rome, Italy

Four TV Shows I Love To Watch:
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
2. Homicide
3. The Wire
4. Gilmore Girls
And so many others.

Four Places I Have Been On Vacation:
1. Pipestem Park, WV
2. Greece
3. New Zealand
4. London

Four Web Sites I Visit Daily:
1. All of your blogs
2. Hotmail/Yahoo for e-mail
3. A Socialite’s Life
4. Defamer

Four Favorite Foods:
1. German Chocolate Cake
2. Carrot Cake
3. Maryland Steamed Crabs
4. Pasta with cheese

Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:
1. In a small house on the Eastern Shore with a wrap around porch and a view of the bay
2. A piazza in Italy
3. My bed
4. Brisbane, either sitting in the botanical gardens or walking along the river

6 Comments:

At 7:27 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

Snowball server...I imagine you mean the dyed-blue kind?

 
At 7:34 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Oh, there were many, many colors. We had about 40 different flavors at our stand---and that was just a fraction of what we had to pick from at the warehouse. But, yeah, the ones you cover in syrup and eat.

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

You've been to New Zealand?!?!?! I would LOVE to go there--I actually had a penpal who I wrote for 9 years who lives in NZ.

Steamed crab...mmmmmm....I love seafood!

 
At 9:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, New Zealand is on my list!

In college I spent a summer working at a plant and tree nursery-- no air conditioning. It was a very sweaty summer.

But also, it was kind of liberating. There aren't many workplaces where it's acceptable to be dirty and stinky every day.

 
At 9:44 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

i'm put off by the long plane ride :( 7 or 8 hours is about my limit.

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger Ashley Beth said...

yum, carrot cake.

Me too! New Zealand is near the top! Maybe we should all go there instead of Austin next weekend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home