Monday, January 16, 2006

On the Pile

Now Reading: Marley and Me. Yeah, I know I said that I was going to read Affluenza, but, well, ya'll should know not to trust me when it comes to books. Was amused by M&M when I first flipped through it; found it engaging and warm for the first 100 or so pages; now I have about 80 pages left to go and I just want it to be over. Except that I have a feeling that the ending means sad times for poor ol' Marley.

On Deck: I've got a three-for coming up that should get me through the dark, cold days of winter---The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood; The Odyssey of Homer (trans. by Richmond Lattimore); and A Short History of Myth by Karen Armstrong.

Added to the Pile: The Tent and Life Before Man, both by Atwood. Both ordered in 2005, so I didn't cheat. Really. Right?

2 Comments:

At 6:50 PM , Blogger Mike said...

You'll let me know when you get to The Penelopiad, right?

 
At 6:15 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Will do. I'm reading History of Myth right now to get myself primed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home