Friday, October 07, 2005

Weekend Plans

It’s Friday afternoon---and you know what that means. Time for me to tune out from work and start planning the weekend. Except this weekend is all about work. The New Boss wants us to *gasp* do our jobs and meet our deadlines. There’s gotta be something in the Geneva Conventions about this. But until I can find a loophole, I’m putting my nose somewhere near the grindstone.

That said, this weekend’s forecast is for 80s and sunny, and I’m not going to miss out on that. So here’s the plan:

Friday
* Dog park or yoga. Depends on how I feel at the end of the day. I’m much improved from earlier in the week, but still feeling kind of yucky. And with Naomi, I never know whether the class is going to be kick-your-butt or restorative. So maybe I’ll do some easy, restorative poses at home and take the puppy out to the park.
* DVDs! What else. I’ve got Gilmore Girls Season Two, Discs 1 and 2 and Alias, Season 3, Discs 3 and 4 (even though it’s just not the same without Will!), plus some documentaries from Netflix that I really am interested in but never seem to be in the mood for.
* A knitting or cross-stitch project to work on while I’m watching the DVDs.

Saturday
* Dog park. I think I’ll take Rowen to a different park than usual so that we can go to Mozart’s afterwards to sit outside while I do some proofreading for work.
* Reading. The stack of library books just keeps growing.
* Cleaning. The junk pile keeps growing, too.
* Movie. Maybe. I really want to see In Her Shoes, but I don’t like to shut myself up in a movie theater when the weather is so nice.
* Whatever else floats my boat. Probably a nap or two. Some more DVD watching after the sun has gone down.

Sunday
* Walking the dog. We haven’t been to McKinney Falls or to the Greenbelt for a while---it’s been too darn hot---so we’ll hit one of those.
* More proofreading. I’ve got lots of hours to make up this week from being out sick and at doctor appointments. I’m also hoping to get some overtime, if I can.
* Studying for the GRE.
* Church.
* Meeting to plan a hunger banquet after church.

So much excitement, I think I need to take a nap right now.

2 Comments:

At 1:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have nice weather there... it is pouring rain in DC. My library's ceiling has sprung two leaks!

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

It's nasty and rainy here, too. Did you put buckets under the leaks? I remember that happened at a yoga center once.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home