Monday, May 09, 2005

On the Nightstand

Thanks go to Steve for this week's reads.

Status Anxiety by Alain de Botton
Steve barely knows me, yet somehow he picked the perfect book to lend me.

The Culture of Fear: Why Americans Are Afraid of the Wrong Things by Barry Glassner
Because if I'm going to be up all night working myself into a crazy panic, I might as well be panicking about the right things.

A Girl's Best Friend by Elizabeth Young
I'm only 10 pages into it and I'm already not liking it. But maybe reading it will spur me to finish my own novel, because it can't be worse than this.

Vanity Fair, June 2005
I don't get the cult adoration of Angelina Jolie.

Ode, May 2005
Big, long article on buying local food. And excellent, shorter article on how quantum physics relates to our perceptions of reality---written in a way that I actually understand that statement.

Bust, April/May 2005
Amy Sedaris is so cute! And there's an article about Sweet Valley High.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home