Tuesday, October 13, 2009

When Do the Nice Men in White Coats Show Up?

For those of you with extremely busy, stressful lives of your own, I will totally understand if you skip this post. I just needed to rant while simultaneously attempting to make some sense of my life.

In the next 24 hours, I need to . . .
* Write a 1000-word book review that is worth 15% of my course grade
* Prepare to lead the class discussion on that same book
* Make a midterm study guide for the class I'm TAing
* Organize a class-wide review session for the same
* Figure out what I'm going to do in sections for that class
* Coordinate room changes and/or A/V equipment and/or video streaming for next week's sections
* Repeatedly remind the TA who is supposed to be writing the exam that she is supposed to be writing the exam

In the next week, I need to . . .
* Sort through several thousand documents, research available materials on Bancroft Camp 16, and write an appraisal report for my archives administration class
* Make some sort of sense out of the materials I've gathered from various online hosting companies so I can make a recommendation to my boss
* Relearn Chichewa so I can write to my teacher in Malawi to ask for a letter of recommendation
* Meet with my advisor to review the gazillionth version of my grant proposal

In the next month, I need to . . .
* Find a theory
* Write three more grant proposals
* Read several dozen books on media, popular culture, and Africa
* Write a prelim paper on media, popular culture, and Africa
* Grade the midterm exams
* Deal with tearful, angry, vengeful, and otherwise unpleasant students who didn't get the grades they wanted
* Write another book review
* Prepare the marketing and display materials for a table at an upcoming conference

Plus my regular courses, my TA sections, my second job, . . . .

3 Comments:

At 1:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I really think you are just blowing things out of proportion....

Ill-advised attempt at humor. Yes, you do have lots to do, but after this hellish semester many of those problems will disappear permanently and you will live a happier much more fulfilled life.

Alcohol helps too.

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger artemisia said...

Oh, goodness. I am so sorry.

I am sending margaritas.

 
At 2:48 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

I wouldn't mind a nice man in a white coat, either, as long as he's carrying a margarita and wants to give me a massage.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home