Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Can My Eating Disorder Wait Until After I Move?

So after I found out how much it was going to cost to have a hitch and all the things that go with it attached to my car and after a friend scared the bejeesus out of me with what will happen to my car if I go more than 45 mph while towing a trailer (basically, my transmission would blow up, leading to a $5,000 [minimum] repair), I decided that I wasn't going to tow a trailer to Madison. So now I'm in a total panic because I need to pare way, way, way down. Because anything that can't fit in my car will have to be shipped.





I've been sticking with my diet so far---the only chocolate to pass these lips in more than a week has come from a Slimfast can---but I'm exhausted and headachy and I could really, really use a chocolate-chip cookie. Or a donut. Or a brownie. Or a cupcake. Or pretty much anything laden with sugar and fat.



Both of these suitcases are large enough for me to fit inside. I also have two slightly smaller suitcases full of clothes, one filled just with clothes that are three sizes too small. Because one day, I will get into them again.

I think I might have too many clothes. And too much denial.




This pile is actually two-layers deep. And all but one of the boxes is at least 75% books. And I'm still packing books.

5 Comments:

At 7:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who's laughing at the second picture, which includes a bag that says "CONTAIN YOURSELF" in big letters?

Very fitting! :)

 
At 8:41 AM , Blogger Frema said...

You know, pretty soon you'll be close enough for me to deliver your package in person! Indianapolis isn't that far at all. Or we could meet up in Chicago.

Good luck with the move and deciding what should stay and what should go. Is there anyone who'd be willing to make the trip with you so you can fill his/her car full of boxes, too?

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Oh man I hate packing and moving! I am feeling for you.

Scott

 
At 9:45 AM , Blogger SK said...

If I were you I'd check the owner's manual to see what it says about towing. If you don't have it you can call Toyota Cust Svc and ask them. I find it hard to believe that you can't go more than 45mph. You should at least be able to do 60 without damage to your trans.

 
At 9:59 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Liz---Hee!

Frema---We'll definitely have to get together once I'm there! And, unfortunately, no. I'm having a hard enough time finding someone who wants to help me move across Austin---I'm on my own to Madison. I tried guilting my parents into flying to Austin and driving a Uhaul truck to Madison, but by the time you add up the cost of the rental truck and the flight and the gas, plus their lost work time, the amount that I'd spend getting the stuff there is more than the stuff is worth.

Lost---From my owner's manual (in a yellow box with the word CAUTION): "Do not exceed 45 mph or the posted towing speed limit, whichever is lower." The Uhaul towing guide says the same. I also spoke with Toyota and with an engineer, both of whom assure me that if I go over that speed on a long-distance trip, I will ruin my transmission.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home