Thursday, April 06, 2006

Fever Pitch

What is wrong with me? I'm dragging ass today because Miss Rowen was being Miss Bratty McBrattison last night---getting wigged by some strong winds, trying to squeeze into spaces that are entirely too small for her (like under my nightstand), clawing at me when I wouldn't let her into bed because she was too restless and the temp was entirely too hot to have a furry animal laying across me and I can't open the bedroom window because then she gets all upset about the noises and the wind. And then when I tried putting her into her crate for a time out, she repeatedly disobeyed and dodged.

But I still want another puppy.

Even though
1. I'm going to be in grad school and therefore entirely too busy to take care of two dogs.
2. I'm going to be in grad school and therefore entirely too poor to take care of two dogs.
3. Two dogs in an apartment is too much, especially two mid-size, hyper, outdoor dogs. And I can't afford to buy or rent a house.
4. I've just barely gotten Rowen trained and she still has her bad days. Do I really want to start over again?

Please give me more reasons not to get another dog, because there are entirely too many cuties at the animal shelter (check out Jake). And I am a weak, weak woman.

UPDATE: Did I mention that I'm a little sleep deprived? The cutie is named Jasper.

6 Comments:

At 7:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't find Jake! :(

If I wanted to talk myself out of getting another dog (which I have... several times... hehe), I might think about how bad I'd feel down the road if I had to leave them alone too much or couldn't afford some medical care they needed.

But on the plus side (even though you asked for negatives), Rowen would have a friend while you're gone... ;)

 
At 7:58 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

I can't find Jake either :(

Maybe a small, docile dog?

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Search under Dogs, Male, Under 1 year, medium.

I don't think a small, docile dog would pair well with Rowen. She needs a playmate who can keep up with her.

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Oops. I got the name wrong. I conflated Nate and Jasper into Jake.

Gah.

 
At 9:14 AM , Blogger Mike said...

Stay away from Jaspers. My black cat is Jasper, and he's a graduate of Slylock Fox University...

 
At 11:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jasper looks like a sweetie. And Malcom is a very handsome boy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home