Monday, August 22, 2005

On the Pile

My posts this week will most likely be fewer, shorter, and less frequent (yeah, I heard that sigh of relief). I'm getting ready for a trip back East next week, and I need to get some work done before I go if I want to come back to a job.

The Abortion Myth by Leslie Cannold
More reading for the possible op-ed. It's a lot of research for 600 words, but I know I'm going to be slammed for taking a liberal stance in a Catholic newspaper, so I want to have as much information as I can find.

Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis
Fourth in the Narnia series. Rereading the series has sparked my curiousity about the symbolism and mythology behind the stories, so I picked up C.S. Lewis, Spinner of Tales: A Guide to His Fiction by E.K. Gibson and C.S. Lewis: The Companion & Guide by Walter Hooper at the library.

I also bought the latest issue of Harper's, which has a fantastic piece by Jonathon Kozol (who is apparently one of the 100 people who are ruining America, along with Eminem, Barbara Streisand, and Al Gore) on the resegregation of schools, and Ode, which always has intriguing articles on sustainable development and aide programs that are working. And the new Yoga Journal arrived in the mail today. I may save that for the plane ride.

2 Comments:

At 2:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:53 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

I subscribe to Yoga Journal! I found out in this issue that Hotel Vitale in San Fran offers yoga on the 8th floor. And the Hotel Gansevoort in New York apparently has rooftop yoga.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home