Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Yay Me


I'm so proud of me. Yesterday I was in a serious funk. And my serious funks usually lead to serious bibliotherapy in the self-help section of the first bookstore to cross my path and a comfort-food binge involving large bags of M&Ms and cheesy pasta concoctions.

And I almost gave in. I found myself standing in the self-help section of a bookstore. Somehow, though, I had the strength to leave the store with only the latest issue of Bust. Then I drove right by all sources of comfort food. Admittedly, I had left over sweet-and-sour shrimp at home. That helped with the comfort level.

Still, good show by me.

Now if I could just get this evil cloud of doom to go away.

2 Comments:

At 9:23 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

Good Lord, what is Bust ?!?

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Not what it sounds like!

I'd describe it as a lipstick feminist magazine. Embraces both your girly, crafty, pretty side and your indignant, political, empowered side.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home