Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

10 Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book

I (almost) always enjoy writing about books, but this week's Top Ten Tuesday from The Broke and the Bookish was more fun than usual. In trying to narrow down the list to just ten, I looked up various authors' bibliographies and was reminded of the many, many books that some of my favorite authors have written but I haven't yet read (despite having a good number of those titles in my home library). And I found a few that having upcoming novels that I didn't know about (New Toni Morrison! Yay!).

So now I have an even longer list of To Be Read Books to keep me occupied while I wait for the following authors to produce new works:

1. Margaret Atwood. Based on her Twitter updates, Atwood is working on a new novel, and I CANNOT WAIT.

2. Madeleine L'Engle. In particular, I wish she would have written a fifth installment in her Crosswicks Journal before leaving us.

3. Jonathan Kozol. One of the best writers on education and poverty. We desperately need his perspective on the current policy environment.

4. Bonnie Jo Campbell. Loved Once Upon a River. LOVED American Salvage. Campbell needs to write more, right now.

5. Joanna Kavenna. Like Campbell, Kavenna has a gift for devestatingly bleak realism. More please!

6. Marjane Satrapi. Persepolis is one of my all-time favorite books, and I think it's been time enough for her to add Vol. 3.

7. Michael Pollan. As much as I love his writing on food systems, I'd really like for him to apply his enthusiasm and engaging writing to a new topic.

8. Jeffrey Eugenides. So including Eugenides is a bit unfair because he did just release The Marriage Plot a couple of months ago. But I'm already itching for his next one. Please don't make us wait another nine years!

9. Muriel Barbery. Her fantastically absurb and whimsical novels are a nice antidote to aforementioned bleak realism.

10. Tim Gunn. Because we can never have enough Gunn in our lives.

3 Comments:

At 7:52 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

I have a feeling Marjane is done. I know what you mean, though - I want a lot of authors to write faster! Jonathan Tropper is one example.

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger artemisia said...

Amen to Kozol and Tim Gunn. AMEN.

 
At 3:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Do You Use Twitter? I'd Like To Follow You If That Would Be Ok. I'm Definitely Enjoying Your Blog And Look Forward To New Updates. Agen Bandarq Terbaik

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home