Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Childhood Favorites

Yet again, I'm ridiculously swamped with school work and can't even fathom how I'm going to get it all done. And so, yet again, I'm spending my time making a list of books.

This week's Top Ten Tuesday theme from The Broke and the Bookish is childhood favorites.

1. The Egypt Game by Zilpha Keatley Snyder. My absolute, all-time favorite childhood book.

2. Homecoming and Dicey's Song by Cynthia Voigt. I reread these a few years ago, and they held up surprisingly well.

3. From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg. A mystery in a museum? Yes, please!

4. Nancy Drew Mysteries (original series) by Carolyn Keene. I have very specific and fond memories of laying in bed with a Nancy Drew mystery and a glass of milk. I read my mom's old copies, and I was devastated when I found out that my grandmother had gotten rid of them when she cleaned out her attic.

5. & 6. The Babysitter's Club and Sweet Valley High series. I was such a sucker for a series. Still am. There was also a series about ballet students that I loved, but I can't remember the title.

7. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. The beginning of a lifelong love of L'Engle. As an adult, I've reread her Crosswicks Journals many times.

8. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss. I used to make my sister read this to me every Christmas.

9. Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein.

10. The Poky Little Puppy by Janette Sebring Lowrey. My mom used to call me the Poky Little Puppy, so I have a particular attachment to this book.

Bonus: The Fairy Tales of Hans Christian Anderson. I had a beautiful edition---a yellow cover with an ornate drawing---that I loved as much for the aesthetics of the book as for the content.

Bonus Bonus: Two YA books that I've read as an adult and loved---The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins and What I Believe by Norma Fox Mazer.

What are some of your favorites?

2 Comments:

At 9:51 PM , Blogger marketing said...

I?ve Been Exploring For A Little For Any High-quality Articles Or Blog Posts On This Kind Of Area . Exploring In Yahoo I At Last Stumbled Upon This Website. Reading This Information So I?m Happy To Convey That I've A Very Good Uncanny Feeling I Discovered Exactly What I Needed. I Most Certainly Will Make Certain To Don?t Forget This Website And Give It A Look On A Constant Basis. Agen Bola

 
At 5:47 AM , Anonymous poker online said...

kami adalah bidang marketing yang membagikan website baru kepada anda, jika berminat untuk dibidang marketing kami, silakan buka website kami yang ada di bawah ini. terima kasih

poker online
poker domino
bandarq
bandarqq

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home