Tuesday, July 05, 2005

End of the Innocence

What do you do when you see a side of someone you never expected to see or would have thought to existed? What do you do when someone you love does something just horrible and cruel?

On Sunday morning, Rowen ate a butterfly. Not a little moth. A big, beautiful butterfly. One moment I was enjoying a sunny moment with my perfect puppy, the next I was watching a vicious killing.

I can't look at Rowen in the same way anymore. She's no longer my sweet, happy, slightly crazy schmoopy face; she's Rowen, the Butterfly Slayer.

And although I certainly didn't raise her to be this way, it may be my fault. I'm worried that I'm leaving the thermostat set too high during the day and she's sustained brain damage that makes her think she's a cat.

Because only a cat could be so evil as to kill a butterfly.

1 Comments:

At 7:17 PM , Blogger Bearette said...

Don't be too hard on the puppy, she is still full of joy and love :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home