Friday, April 15, 2005

Weekend Plans

Not much planned for this weekend. Then again, even when I have plans, I tend to blow them off in favor of serious slacking at home.

Friday Night
The usual: Magazine and DVD binge. Thanks to Mel for lending me Ocean's Twelve.

Saturday
* Going to Boggy Creek Farm. I’m trying to eat healthier. Maybe some organically grown, locally farmed veggies will inspire me.
* Taking Rowen to the dog park.
* Reading In Her Shoes. I love Jennifer Weiner. I want to be Jennifer Weiner.
* Cleaning. For real. I must clean. My parents are coming in a week and my apartment looks like it’s been ransacked by vengeful dust bunnies and overly caffeinated Conde Nast employees. I must clean. I’m picking them up from the airport in seven days and the seats of my car are covered in an inch of dog hair. Both the apartment and the car reek of wet dog and musty furniture and rotted food. I am a slob. I must clean.
* Clawing out of financial hell. Last night, I started sorting out the mess that is my bank accounts. I have several, despite the fact that I have no money. I also completely lack the ability to keep track of my spending. After two hours of sorting receipts and comparing my records to the bank’s records, I’m off by $233.50. Forget balancing my accounts; I’d be happy to get the discrepancy down to double digits. This weekend, I will sort it out so that I can pretend that I won’t let this happen again.
* Shopping for jeans at Old Navy. If I have any money left after digging my way out of financial hell, that is. But I have exactly one pair of jeans that (a) fits and (b) doesn’t have holes in unfortunate and inappropriate places. And maybe get a super-cute tunic.

Sunday
* Going to church. Maybe.
* Running. If I want that one pair of jeans to continue fitting, I have to get some exercise.
* Volunteering at the Inside Books Project. Maybe. I’ve been sliding by on the bare minimum of good deeds. I’ve been wanting to volunteer with this particular project. But I seem to lack the wherewithal to leave my apartment after 6 p.m. Or to interact with other people at most times of the day (unless it involves demoralizing and distracting my coworkers).
* Hanging out with Rowen and a stack of magazines and/or a book.

I’m not even going to pretend that I’m going to write this weekend. I can lie to myself, but I can’t keep lying to the 1.25 people who read this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home