Friday, April 15, 2005

Things That Are Annoying Me Today

The evil stalker cat outside my apartment. Yesterday, for a moment, I took pity on the cat and thought about bringing it inside. Then it attacked Rowen. There will be no pity for that cat.

Group decisions.

Living in a litigious society. My apartment management is now requiring renter's insurance with personal liability so that they won't get sued. Bah!

Living in a consumerist society. The lowest personal property insurance level is $15,000. I have nowhere near that in personal property. My furniture is all donations (I like to think of my apartment as a hospice for dying furniture); I don't own any electronics (so don't bother trying to burgle me); and I could get a decent wardrobe for $1000 ( or less if I'm honest about what I really wear---which is pretty much two pairs of jeans and a half dozen shirts in steady rotation). I like feeling that there's nothing material that would be a huge loss to me (in case of a fire, I would save my dog and my journals---and maybe a book so I have something to read while I wait for the fire department). But because I'm required to have renter's insurance, I have to share in the cost of those who have way too much stuff. (And, yes, I do know how judgmental I am.)

40-hour work weeks.

Austin drivers.

Taxes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home