Monday, April 18, 2005

This Week's Reading Wish List

I want! I want! I want!

Writing with Intent: Essays, Reviews, Personal Prose 1983--2005 by Margaret Atwood
Canada has a disproportionate number of truly awesome women writers. Yet another reason to move there.

Radical Love: Wisdom from Dorothy Day; Loves and Fishes; Selected Writings: By Little and By Little and pretty much anything else by Dorothy Day. (If you haven't read The Long Loneliness yet, put down whatever you are doing and run, run, run to the bookstore for it.)

A Problem from Hell: America and the Age of Genocide by Samantha Power
I know that this and By Little and By Little were on the nightstand before. I borrowed them from the library, renewed them, held on to them for dear life, but neither was a book I could digest in the large swallow demanded by the library due dates (and other books intervened).

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro; Dog by Michelle Herman; and Paradise by A.L. Kennedy
Because even a masochist like myself needs some good fiction. And check out the cover of Dog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home