Monday, November 10, 2008

Paging Dr. Dolittle

Rowen went to the vet today. I took her to get her rabies vaccine, but when I was checking her in, the pet nurse noted that she was due for her 6-month comprehensive exam and a dental cleaning. They had an opening for the afternoon, so I went ahead with the exam and cleaning.

By all accounts, she was a model patient. They didn't even have to tranquilize her to get the IV in before the dental cleaning. But they did have to shave part of her leg, so now my baby has a bald spot and a bandage.

For the dental cleaning, they put her under a general anesthesia. I'm not quite sure why. Maybe the instruments freak out the animals. I know I'd like to be put under anesthesia for my dental cleanings!

But now Rowen is very groggy and not feeling so great. She keeps pacing around and crying. And I don't know what to do to help her, which just completely breaks my heart. Especially when she looks at me with her big brown eyes---all red and teary from all the procedures she had done today---and seems to be saying, "Please, make me feel better." And then she limps off when she realizes that I can't do anything to help her.

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM , Blogger Scott said...

Awwwwh poor thing!!! I hope Rowen is feeling much better now.

 
At 4:39 PM , Blogger artemisia said...

Oh, I hope she is feeling better today. I keep putting off the dental cleaning because I kind of freak out at having the dogs put under. Scares me to pieces.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home