Monday, September 01, 2008

The Birthday Skirt

So I actually finished the skirt! It's just a simple A-line, ankle-length skirt made from a light-weight cotton, and it has a drawstring waist. I made my own pattern based on instructions from Sew What! Skirts.


C., K., and I all wore the skirts that we made together for our joint birthday party this past weekend. But I still have a few adjustments to make. I need to take in the sides (I padded my measurements a little too generously) and redo the hem, which is completely uneven and messy.

Next up: I think I'll try making an apron.

4 Comments:

At 9:16 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

that's cool. i love drawstring waists.

 
At 7:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, happy birthday! You did a great job on that skirt...

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger Bearette said...

Oh, I missed that birthday reference, tucked in there! Happy birthday :)

 
At 5:57 PM , Blogger Chay said...

I didn't realize you were suddenly back to posting. But I must say that is a beautiful skirt. I'm glad I picked out that fabric...I mean you chose a really nice pattern...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home