Friday, August 12, 2005

Weekend Plans

Anyone want to guess what I’m doing on Saturday? As for the rest of the weekend, here it is.

Friday
* Nap. For a variety of reasons, this week has been exhausting. So tonight is going to be mostly about relaxing and getting to bed early.
* Dog Park. So that I’ll feel a little less guilty about keeping Rowen cooped up in a cage all day Saturday.
* Reading. For a long time, I was struggling to get into any books. Suddenly, I have several vying for my attention: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; Democracy Matters; The Impossible Will Take a Little While; Justice on the Grass . . . .

Saturday
* Rally in Crawford! As I’ve said before, if you can come, please join us. If can’t, please contribute in any way you can, even if it’s just prayers for Cindy Sheehan and the others keeping vigil with her.
* Lying on my back, wishing to any deity who will listen that I hadn’t been so stubborn as to spend a day driving and rallying when I still have a bad back.
* Taking Rowen to the dog park. Possibly buying her a new guilt toy.
* Baking a dessert for Sunday.
* DVDs. I’ve got a couple of Buffy DVDs on the way from Netflix, as well as Manufacturing Consent and Farmingville: POV.

Sunday
* Sleeping in. No matter how much Rowen protests.
* Going for a walk with Rowen, if my back can take it. Otherwise, the dog park. Again.
* Party with my social justice buddies from church. Okay, more like gathering with them.
* Going to bed very, very early.

And at some point in the weekend, I’ll talk to my parents and hear all about their wonderful, fabulous cruise around the Baltic Sea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home