Friday, June 17, 2005

Weekend Plans

Only ten more days until my next three-day weekend! Until then, I’ll have to make due with my paltry two days. Among this weekend’s activities will be lotsa reading (thanks to Tina, Eric, Sandy, and Conde Nast), some writing because I’ve been very, very lazy all week (I blame the lack of a/c at work), some journal assembly if Kinko’s gets my blocks done, perhaps cross-stitching, and definitely spending way too much time contemplating my choices in life.

Friday Night
* Yoga! And this week, I won’t wimp out.
* Hair repair. I’m going to attempt to fix my botched highlights with a general brown rinse. Fingers crossed that all my hair doesn’t fall out.
* DVDs. I still haven’t watched Ravenous and I have Disc 4 of Freaks and Geeks, which I’m not sure why I’m still watching because it stopped being good half way through Disc 2. And last weekend I finally bought a used copy of Summer Catch---baseball, cute boys, Marc Blucas covered only by a sheet in the all-important area---it’s the perfect movie.
* Knitting. I’ll have to wait until next week for the deluge of Tom and Katie Getting Married magazine covers.

Saturday
* Orientation at the gym. In which some ubertanned and muscled woman weighs me, measures me, and then makes me cry.
* Dog park with Rowen.
* Obedience class with Rowen. Once again, I did not do her homework with her. And she just can’t be trusted to do it on her own. And because of my neglect, she’s become retarded and turned into a cat.
* Matinee of Mad Hot Ballroom and dinner with Sandy, a coworker and the wife of a coworker. My mother’s response: “Well, it’s better than going out with the husband of a coworker.” I think my mother thinks that I’m a lesbian. Not that it isn’t a valid lifestyle choice. I can’t seem to explain to her that even though I like boys, they don’t much like me.

Sunday
* Gym. I’m not committing to a specific activity yet.
* West 6th Street Artist’s Market. I didn’t go last week because Rowen let me oversleep and I got to the gym late and then Rowen had an upset tummy and I didn’t want to leave her alone and I got lazy and well . . . .
* Some combination of the aforementioned activities.
* Calling my dad to wish him a Happy Father’s Day.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM , Blogger Eric said...

SO, since you haven't watched it yet, and though you put it in your post as a to-do for the weekend two weeks running, you obviously aren't ACTUALLY going to watch it, will you PLEASE bring Ravenous back to its rightful owner? PLEASE!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home