Friday, April 01, 2005

Weekend Plans

I admit: I cheated a little yesterday. Instead of writing something new, I posted an op-ed I had written (but had been rejected) for The American. Even though I know the piece isn’t very good, I feel strongly about the topic and needed to get my thoughts out there.

Anyway . . . .

My plans for this weekend are as follows:

Friday Night
* Trashy magazine and chocolate-chip cookie binge. Thanks to Eric and Lee for the pile o’ magazines. Eric is my coworker. Lee is his wife. Lee likes trashy magazines, processed sugar, and alone time. I love Lee.

Saturday
* Massive guilt hangover from previous night’s binge.
* Getting my car washed at a fundraiser for teens from a coworker’s church. Clean car and self-satisfaction with doing a good deed.
* Ecumenical service and community celebration to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the assassination of Oscar Romero. I’m ambivalent about spending an afternoon in a crowd of people I don’t know who will most likely know each other very well, but I can always ditch after the service.
* Possibly a matinee of Bride & Prejudice.
* DVD mini-marathon: I have the first disc in the Freaks & Geeks series and I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead. I will resist the urge to go to the video store and rent more.

Sunday
* Church. I hope. Depends on my mood when I wake up.
* Dog park with Rowen.
* Reading for my JustFaith study group (although I’ll probably just read more trashy magazines).
* Ruminating on the meaning of “pro-life.” Check next week for my thoughts.
* Movie matinee (if I don’t go on Saturday).

Things I Should Do But Probably Won’t
* My JustFaith reading.
* Finishing a review of The Ninth Life of Louis Drax.
* Vacuuming the massive quantities of dog (and human) hair out of my carpet.
* Finishing the pillow that I’ve been knitting for more than a year.
* Mending the large pile of To-Be-Mended clothes.
* Writing.

PS: For my editor friends: Yes, I know that my lists are not parallel. Yes, I do care. No, I'm not going to fix them.

PSS: If anyone is interested an op-ed that I have had published in The American, check this link: Letter From Austin.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home